DISTRIBUTION OF TASK
The coordinator will be responsible for a proper collaboration and communication between the partners of the project, assuring that each school will implement and develop the local activities in accordance to the objectives of the project and the plan of activities mentioned. Also, the coordinator will be responsible for the creation of a website where all the activities will be posted and will realize the final report in accordance to the requirements of National Agency and the objectives of the project. Meanwhile, each partner:
- will introduce in the school syllabus the planned activities at the beginning of each school year;
- will imply their students in the local activities (identifying and describing the specific elements of each country' traditional aspects/ costumes, songs, dances, and organizing exhibitions, trips and shows);
- will fix periodical meetings with participant teachers and students in order to confront the elaborated subjects, the criteria to be followed and the evaluation of the project;
- will meet before each mobility in partners' schools in order to establish the details;
- will debate the results of the mobilities at their coming back (photos, documents, movies) with their colleagues;
- will post on the website all the materials made (documents, photos, movies etc.);
- will contribute with necessary elements (photos, movies, traditional aspects reflected in power point presentations or documents) in order to create the final product;
- will create an atmosphere of intercultural acceptance and tolerance;
- will adopt periodical processes of evaluation during this period of two years;
- will present legends, traditional meals, songs, dances and famous historical places at the European meetings;
- will create an informational cultural center in their school where all the students could have access to project's informations;
The involved institutions:
- will develop the same local activities: local traditional dances, customs, famous personalities, will prepare dances, exhibitions and ICT presentations;
- will exchange a set of pedagogical methods and strategies and will distribute equally all the activities proposed in each school;
- will use the internet as way of communication and will make appeal to other local projects developed in their institutions to make the project more effective.
Ensurance will be maintained by the project coordinators in all schools which will communicate through emails and will monitor the tasks.
COOPERATION AND COMMUNICATION
The participating institutions will communicate through Internet, after comparing, analyzing, debating each activity mentioned in the project. After that, measures of improvement will be taken as at the end of each week, on Fridays, there will be fixed meetings with teachers and students in order to monitor and improve the project constantly. In order to make the project more effective, the institutions will also communicate through mail, phone, fax or video conferences. The coordinator will realize a web site where there will be created group of discussions for students, on one side, and for teachers, on the other side. They will share ideas, discuss about the activities made and propose plans of improvement for the following period.
All the reports created by each country will be compared and compiled after the European meetings planned in each country. In order to obtain a correct feedback, the institutions will make appeal to local communities and local authorities, asking and using their ideas, suggestions and opinions. The local press will be used at these meetings as mean of communication and informational background.
The communication process will also take place between students as they will develop relations of friendships and they will improve their English language fluency, creating paths of access to European culture. They will also use Facebook or Twitter as means of communication and they will exchange Messenger ID. This will facilitate the process of socialization that will happen during the project meetings where they could exchange gifts and help their teachers present their schools, towns and specific elements of culture. In each school there will be fixed teams of students that will monitor and distribute the tasks between their colleagues, making the cooperation effective.
The coordinator of the project will ensure that there were established prompt and effective means of communication. The teachers will exchange ideas, compare the results, gather all the materials and write the reports that will lead to the final one. The inspectors in each country will help us find new and proper techniques of approach and communication, using their experience. English will be used as language of communication and part of results will be posted on National Agencies forums and also on the et winning platform. The coordinators of the project in each country will be attentive to the deadlines and will monitor the communicational process.
The project is conceived in order to actively imply the students in planning, implementing and presenting the activities along with the supervising of their teachers. As most of the students are of primary level, they will have to acquittance other European cultures by learning poems, songs and watching presentations about the culture, traditions and customs of partners' countries. They will participate at the spectacles organized at the European meetings and will present traditional costumes, songs, dances, meals and stories about famous national personalities. They will be guided by their teachers who will point out the intercultural dimension inserted into the curriculum. The coordinators in each country will create teams of work in order to accomplish the project's objectives.
The students of primary schools will help their teachers organise exhibitions, present national and European traditions, create an album of local festivals and transmit all the informations found to their friends from other European schools. In accordance to their interest and capacities, some of them could help the teachers create power point presentations about festivals, traditions, famous personalities or geographical areas of interest full of history and traditions and the other could create portfolios about national culture and about the cultural evolution.
The teachers will help them complete typical questionnaires involving the intercultural aspects of educative process and will determine students imply their parents in the local activities. Aspects of cultural specific elements will be shown during the meetings when some of the students will host their partners from the other European schools and will show them famous places, museums, songs, dances, traditional art crafts and specific customs. With the supervision of their teachers, children will exchange mail addresses, Facebook ID in order to facilitate the process of completing the evaluation forms after each activity of the project. Those schools who have socially disadvantaged students, will try and offer support to imply them in the activities which will be especially designed for them to ensure equality.
This project will imply teachers of different specialities or domains (music, technological education, history, maternal language and foreign languages, geography) in order to cover all the aspects of this interdisciplinary and intercultural approach reflected on the boards placed in each school.
INTEGRATION INTO ONGOING ACTIVITIES
The subjects and aims are related to the elements of curriculum mentioned in the participating schools. The activities developed will influence the curriculum and will make it more dynamic and attractive for the students. Most of the activities supervised by coordinating teachers will be developed during classes and students will improve their English language in order to communicate with students belonging to the other countries and also to improve their ITC knowledge during IT classes. With Internet support they will get to inform better about other countries' traditions and culture and realize punctual activities. As children have ages between 6 and 12, the activities will include:
- physical exercises - in order to learn steps that are necessary for traditional dances;
- mother language activities - children will teach poems, will study legends, national and European fairy tales, will write poems, essays about culture and will study important figures in national literature;
- music activities - students will learn traditional songs belonging to participant schools;
- drawing activities - students will draw flags belonging to participant countries and elements of national costumes;
All these activities will be related to the following areas of study:
History - the study of different factors which have influenced the intercultural evolution and the study of cultural personalities who have influenced different historical periods;
Geography - the study of geographical countries involved in the project as well as national areas and cultural patrimony;
Mother language - analyze and study of national and European personalities who have influenced the national culture as well as creating essays proving the importance of promoting national culture;
Music - the study of national and European songs;
Technological education - the study and creation of traditional handcrafts, national costumes, picture books, greeting cards;
ITC - obtaining information about national and European traditions and culture through ITC tools, creating power point presentations, videos, pictures pointing out the importance in education of national and European culture;
Foreign languages - the study of culture, traditions and costumes of the participant countries in the language established in each partner's country;
Social studies - the study of traditions and national festivals, European myths and legends, philosophy impact on culture;
All these are part of children's daily work.